Friday, September 6, 2013

A Starry Night Wedding Cake

I just can't get the cake from Wednesday's Starry Night Inspiration Board out of my mind! It's one of those images I've had pinned forever on my Pinterest Board and just pause and smile at it every time I scroll past.

So, for anyone who wanted a closer look:

Starry Night Cake via Style Me Pretty
Isn't it gorgeous how the cake designer mimicked the brush strokes from the painting? And, I adore the use of the suitcase instead of a traditional cake stand!

This would be a stunning cake even without the attached Starry Night theme. Check out how they used the color palate in their photo shoot:

Tablescape via Style Me Pretty
 The colored glass and deep blue rim on the plates is just fabulous!

What do you think? Are you "starry-eyed" over this too? :)

Happy Friday everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a gorgeous idea for decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ever since you and I wanted to do this at the museum, I've loved the idea! :)

      Delete