Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY Christmas Card Centerpiece

While I was having fun creating Monday's Inspiration Board, I fell in love with the Christmas Card Vase!

Christmas Card Vase via Karin Lidbeck
It's so unexpected and a great way to up-cycle your favorite Christmas cards. I kept picturing how great they'd look at a wedding. You could use all vintage or retro cards or go completely glam with foil or glittered ones. You could even buy your favorite ones at an after-Christmas sale!

The complete DIY Instructions can be found here. It seems pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

You'll need four Christmas Cards (she recommends 5x7), two yards of ribbon cording, hole punch, double-sided and regular tape, and a jar or vase for the flowers that fits into the completed opening.

Tape the cards closed, measure and hole punch the sides, then thread them together and you have this unique centerpiece!

You'd be able to complete the project far in advance (my golden rule for wedding DIY).

I know what I'll be trying with my favorite cards from this year! How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment